Bayer’s DIDGET™ Blood Glucose Monitoring System
Bayer’s DIDGET™ is the only blood glucose meter that plugs into a Nintendo DS™ or Nintendo DS™ Lite system. This unique meter helps encourage consistent testing with reward points* that your kids can use to obtain items and unlock new game levels. And, since the DIDGET™ meter is based on Bayer’s trusted CONTOUR® system, you know your kid is getting a meter that’s reliable.
* Up to 4 tests per day
- Converts test results into reward points that your kid can use to unlock new levels and buy in-game items.
- Includes Knock ‘Em Downs™: World’s Fair video game and mini game arcade for use with the Nintendo™ DS and Nintendo™ DS Lite gaming systems.
Two Modes for Your Kid to Grow
Bayer’s DIDGET™ meter offers two testing levels to grow with your child’s ability and testing routine:
BASIC MODE (L1)
Simple testing right from the start. Just insert the test strip and test.
- Fast 5-second test time.
- Small 0.6 μL blood sample.
- 480 test result memory.
- Large, easy-to-read display.
- Ready to test out of the box.
- Bayer's No Coding™ technology.
- No interference with sugars known to cause false high results in some meters**
- 14-day average.
- 7-day HI/LO summary.
** No interference observed with CONTOUR® test strips tested with maltose and galactose concentrations up to 6.54 mmol/L and 12.43 mmol/L, respectively.
ADVANCED MODE (L2)
The same easy testing as Basic Mode plus advanced, customizable features. Advanced mode supports the need for personalized treatment goals for children.
- Personal HI/LO test result summary shows tests above and below your child’s glucose target level.
- Pre- and post-meal marker helps kids quickly identify tests taken before and after eating.
- Selectable post-meal reminder can help your kid remember to test after meals at a time that works for their routine.
- 7-, 14- and 30-day averages.
Developed with a parent
Bayer’s DIDGET™ meter was inspired by the father of a young boy with type 1 diabetes, to directly address the challenges facing kids with diabetes and their parents and to help ease the tensions that testing can cause for some families. The young man's father noticed that although his son was constantly losing his blood glucose meter, he could always find his Nintendo™ Game Boy. This story inspired Bayer to create the DIDGET™ meter to help kids manage diabetes by rewarding them for consistent testing habits. Bayer’s DIDGET™ meter offers play with purpose to encourage kids to regularly monitor their blood sugar and begin to view regular testing more positively. By linking the blood sugar monitoring process to positive rewards and something they understand and enjoy - handheld video games - the DIDGET™ meter helps motivate kids toward consistent testing habits.